Monday, April 23, 2012

Update

I do infact have Cholestasis once again.  Lee and I met with my OBGYN this afternoon to discuss the game plan.  I will have two appointments weekly.  One appointment will be monitoring Cash's heart rate and movement.  The second appointment will be an ultrasound.  They may decide to take the baby at any time if they feel he is under any kind of stress.  Twice weekly monitoring will happen until just before 36 weeks and then I will have an amniocentesis done.  If his lungs are developed at 36 weeks I will be induced.  I received my first steroid injection today and will return tomorrow for the second dose.  The steroid injections help his lungs develop more quickly.  We are beyond stressed and will not feel any better until we meet this precious little boy.  Its going to be a long couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling for you sweetie...hope all is well (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete