Thursday, July 5, 2012

Enjoy the moments


Our 4th of July was chaotic, fun and memorable.  It was a cool 91 degrees.  The kids decorated their bikes and road in Aunt Sarah's neighborhood parade, we swam (mommy's first swim of the summer) in the pool in the rain, had a picnic lunch, while the kids napped Lee and I watched a whole show (uninterrupted), stuffed ourselves with homemade mac and cheese (my favorite) for dinner, sat on the driveway and watched daddy light of fireworks (even baby enjoyed it) and then drove to the back of our neighborhood to watch the BIG fireworks.  
The picture above is priceless to me. Camping chairs, hyper kids in Batman/Super man shirts and underwear, my messy hair, burp rag on my shoulder, rocking a sleepy/restless babe.  What the picture doesn't show is Brody complaining that he's cold, the baby spitting him nummy out and me stepping on it, and me walking around trying to get the wee one to sleep while trying to watch the show.  Lee came and stood by me during the fireworks show while I was rocking a fussy baby and the boys were running around like animals.  He put his arm around me,  gave me a kiss, and we watched the fireworks amongst all the craziness.
One day we will miss this.
 I love our craziness and I love my family!

1 comment: