Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hanging with my peeps

I headed out this morning to explore the open-air market in the heart of the city.  I was in heaven the moment I arrived.  Lee always laughs at me and says I am a closet tree hugger (I just might be).  He can laugh all he wants because I remember him saying it was one of the things that first attracted him to me (I was attracted to his accent, his sexy face and the fact that he looked like a bad boy but was the furthest thing from it LOL).  He liked that I was different than what he was use to.  I am a little bit small town, a little bit country and a little bit tree hugger.  I love Farmers Markets, I love healthy food and I love supporting local businesses, farmers, crafters and food producers. 
 The venders were all so friendly and so fun to talk to.

 



The man that made these beautiful creations may be my new BFF.  He was the sweetest, friendliest, funniest man.  He even started feeding me his personal stash of homemade vegan brownies that he made last night for fun (Like I said, he may be my new BFF).

A peek in my bag!
* Delicious loaf of sourdough bread made by an adorable elderly couple.
* Peanut butter dog treats, made fresh last night.
*Barb's Hawaiian Sea Salt Caramels. She told me a very lengthy story then gave me her blog address so I can follow her :)
*Incredible Strawberry Water
*Belinda's Spicy pickles (OMG, I could eat he entire jar right now).
*and finally a cute flower made out of pop cans.  2 Cute girls were making and selling them to raise money for a school activity.

Who wants to go back with me next Saturday?? 




No comments:

Post a Comment