Friday, March 30, 2012

My Super Trooper

A couple weeks back Brody had his surgery to remove "the thing" (Lee didn't remember what the Dr. called it LOL) on his face.
The biggest problem I was faced with that day, keeping a very hungry four year old (having surgery at 2pm) out of the kitchen.
First things first, put up a gate.
Problem with the gate was it only slowed him down, didn't keep him out.
Lee had his medical scheduled for that morning so I was on my own for awhile. I decided to take them to Party City and get some balloons (they love balloons).
Then we came home and used the balloons as nerf targets.

Lee arrived home shortly before the novelty of target practice was wearing off. We packed the kids up and headed out to play with some rocket balloons before his appointment.
Lee took him to the appointment. I was smart enough to know that when I'm pregnant I have a hard time concealing my anxiety.
I would have been of no use.
Lee said he did amazing. Not a single complaint, not a single tear. He walked to the surgery room with the nurse and anesthesiologist making jokes and betting the anesthesiologist money that he could blow a balloon up with his mask. They brought Lee back before he had woken up. Lee said it took him awhile to wake up and when he did, he had a big smile on his face and said "Oh hi Dad". He came home a little wobbly, bumped into a few walls. We never heard one complaint, ate his dinner, and went to bed early.
He is the sweetest boy on earth, I could just eat him up.
About 5 days after the surgery it did get infected. Looks really disgusting but is finally healing. He has his follow up on Monday.
I am so happy it's all done and I don't have to think about ever again.

1 comment: