Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was filled with gorgeous weather, long walks, peach picking, baking cobbler, sparklers/pop-its/smoke bombs/snakes, BBQ dinners, water balloon fights, swimming, snuggles and lots of popsicles.
I wish you all could have heard their excited giggles as they ran through the orchard.  I will forever be reminded of this beautiful day every time I bite into a peach.  I hope I will always remember that sweet little voice yelling "Mommy!!! Its so soft" as he came running for me rubbing that little peach and the drips of peach juice running down their chins and shirts as they said "this is the best peach, its so juicy".
Chicken whisperer.  He stood and talked sweetly to those chickens for at least ten minutes.  If any of them started to walk away he would hold out his hand and sweetly say "I have a juicy peach for you" and they would all come running back to him.
We came home and the big boys helped to chop peaches and make the most delicious peach cobbler.  The perfect summer night dessert.
Happy Memorial Day!  
A big thank you to all the service men and woman who serve our country and to all the men and women who have lost their lives for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment